Sunday 28 July 2019

28 Days later...a month in Germany.

Breakfast completed.The usual fare which I like but let’s be honest nothing holds a candle to a full on heart attack on a plate English fry up...mind you their multi juice was bloody lovely and I downed three before they managed to prise me away from the machine...

Back in my room now waiting for the rain to stop and my camera battery to recharge.Even though we all have super phone cameras these days I still  like the idea of using an actual camera(although only a digital one.I‘m not quite at the box brownie stage of nostalgia yet)  

I don‘t mind the rain either but don‘t want to start the day soaking wet.On these trips I have travelled light through nessessity and don’t even bring a coat cos‘ it‘s not gonna be cold and when it does start raining there’s always a handy bar to nip into for several drinks...anyway it‘s stopped now so gonna go explore Cologne Alt Stadt a Little and as it’s Sunday it actually will be like 28 Days Later...

My bar bill last night for five beers was eight Euros which is pretty damn good I think.Will have to find it again so I can have good cheap beer whilst the landlady whithers me with a look...

Made it into Cologne city centre....it’s a cliche that Germany closes on a Sunday but the place isn’t on total shutdown.True all of the major shops are closed but drift down to the mainline station and it’s teeming and as many of them are just shopping malls with a few train platforms added on(more so here than in Britain) then the Sunday shut down here is clearly not total.I for one hope they keep it so but may feel differently if I lived over here.

As I was having a smoke outside the hotel a chap came out.I said something to him and clearly thinking I was a local he said „“you’re English is flawless“. Ha i can assure you it’s not as Jacob Rees Mogg would no doubt testify.He also then said I talk too loud.Which to be fair is true...gotta love the Germans and their brutal honesty!

Not sure if it’s a Cologne thing or a German thing but hire electric Shoreditchtwat scooters are definitely a thing here.I‘ll find out more when I visit other cities.I bet Berlin has them...having a midday bevvy down by the River Rhine which is as good as it can be really.

By the way I have changed my keyboard to Deutsh and they tend to capitalise oddly(in our eyes) so if you see something weird like that then that’s the reason.I have done it cos I may need to spell a German word with umlauts in and who doesn’t love them sexy umlauts? Incidentally why is‘nt Umlauts spelt ümläüts?

Laters Alligators.

No comments: