Wednesday 31 July 2019

28 Days later...a month in Germany.Day 5.

It‘s a funny thing but many say the Germans are rigid in their rules and I suppose to a decree that’s true...I think murder is still frowned upon for instance.But today a little blow was dealt to the system.I had a message on my DB(Deutsch Bahn) App saying my train was full and as I hadn’t reserved a seat I might have to stand or at least „“Corbyn“ it .No problem I travelled in the bike carriage last year so don’t mind getting down & dirty...

I asked the woman on information about it and she said I might be able to get on an earlier train and even better it‘s direct...although i did check with one of the on board team and he was fine with it.See? Little bit of leeway doesn’t hurt.Mind you i have not had my ticket checked yet so all this optimism could be badly misplaced...well that was two hours ago and as yet no ticket inspectors and we‘re only another two hours away from Hamburg.Oh the excitement...got to Hamburg Altona with no hitches and found the hotel pretty easily too.

So i‘m currently sat in Reeperbahn having a cold Budvar,which I was schooled by the barmaid in how to say properly.The bloody cheek of it...If you don’t mind having your every utterance scrutinised and corrected by barmaids with balls then Germany is the place for you.Talking of women with balls my hotel is opposite a transvestite club...the hotel is really a tenement Block partly converted into rooms for guests intermingled with real living working people.Nice big room,shared kitchen & bathroom.Not Bad at all.Cash upfront of course and i‘ve already sussed out where Lidl is...it was £5 dearer when I got there than when I checked this morning so what the fuck has Johnson been doing these last few hours?

Reeperbahn is tacky as fuck.If you‘ve never been here it’s exactly as you‘d imagine it... but in that time honoured phrase „“It is what it is“. I‘d think it’s a tight community who‘ve got each other’s backs if it kicks off from pissed up stag party’s to the authorities.On a personal note my hotel is just a Usain Bolt ten second jog away from Reeperbahn U-Bahn station so less chance of getting lost...not impossible but...

Hire Shoreditchtwat scooters are a thing in Hamburg too...a huge storm just woke me up.They‘re not uncommon here.Think it’s all to do with The North Sea & Baltic convergence and all that caper.It was a good one though.Some lovely bangs & crashes and i could hear the rain on the paving stones from the first floor...

In a while crocodile...

No comments: