Sunday 1 October 2023

Bilious Blog…Around Europe in 80 days#62

Finally on the train to Odense and finally I can write this blog…this will be my third attempt at this bloody thing.The first one got lost in the ether when I was about half way through and the second one I was in the process of publishing when my land signal totally disappeared ( I had forgotten I was at sea!) and that one joined It’s mate floating about somewhere…

Anyway the ferry was big and impressive and on time,also fairly empty.When I did my reccy yesterday the place was rammed so I thought then I’d better be sharp getting there,which is not a problem for me anyway.. luckily the ferry port turned out to be at the end of my street! I hadn’t seen it as there’s a bend in it which hides the terminal.It was very handy and also very handy it wasn’t blowing the same gale as yesterday as it would be rocking…

…rocking like Molineux was yesterday! ( what a transition) so all Wolves fans did that thing of predicting two vastly different results,including me,you could call it Shrodinger’s punditry.We simultaneously said we were going to get battered by seven/ eight/ maybe even double figures but also we all added the caveat “ it would be typical Wolves to go and win” or similar and guess what? It was typical Wolves to go and win against the best team that ever lived in the history of football or something…Over the years we have done ok v What used to be Citeh but is now devoid of any old school humour & charm and just another sheik’s plaything..,anyway fuck em’ we won and even more satisfying was the lad who scored the winner was Hwang Hee-Chan who the City manger referred to as “ the other South Korean player” rather than naming him…

So I’m a happy bunny despite a lot of dicking about travelling today…as I was leaving the hotel at 5-30am a cyclist went past and was asking me about the hotel.He did stop,didn’t just keep riding whilst his words got more distant being lost in the wind…either way it was a weird encounter especially at that time in the morning…

I know I keep banging on about smoking in this blog but I do find it interesting how other countries deal with it,as I have said less & less people smoke in Scandinavia than elsewhere I have been to and Sweden  seems the least smoky country.The one thing that did surprise me was that a packet of 20 is still only £5-50.You’d think they’d be much dearer…. 

Anyway Gothenburg is a cool city,go visit and if you do stop in or around the Linnéplatsen area( anywhere within three tram stops either side)it’s a good area..,

Sorry this one is so short,I’m shattered and having written this three times already I’m pretty sick of it to be honest….

Laters all…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay,worro owd 3rd time luckymon
Twas a lot of noise at 5 bells o’clock yesterday, a lot of relief but a lot of joy…as you say typical Wolves on and off the pitch !!
I have become an awful sailor, really not sure why but I dread even a gentle boat trip on holiday nowadays…when in Greece on ‘the 1st travels’ I never realised the distances and time it takes between mainland and the islands,I remember being on a ship, I think to Crete and being bemused why the booking chap insisted on us having a sleeping berth…16 hours later on an overnighter I realised !! But I was an ok sailor then so don’t know what happened in later years !!
Keep on a gooin Gareth…and I’ll saying it…fun,fun,fun mate
Nige

Anonymous said...

Enjoying your blog round Europe fella!

Anonymous said...

Thanks