Wednesday 4 October 2023

Bilious Blog…Around Europe in 80 days#66

Number 66…was gonna do a route 66 quip but struggling to come up with anything so all suggestions welcome…

Back in the bar I was in yesterday cos’ it’s an ok place and I’m enjoying the music.Mostly 60’s & 70’s non poppy stuff.Mind you I was thinking that last night and inevitably The Doors came on,not their rocking stuff which is fine but the absolute self Indulged wank that is The End and on cue I called it a night…

Had an interesting encounter with a bloke who sat next to me,coked off his skull,babbling away ten to the dozen but he was fine even though a little annoying as most coke heads can be but the young barman( who has been as good as gold with me these last two days) came over and stood in front of us.I assured him that all was fine but he stayed there and “ encouraged “ the fella to leave.It was only later he explained to me that he had encountered the chap before and most times it’s ok but things have been known to escalate quickly as his mood changed rapidly.A psychotic on coke is not a good combo…anyway thanks for that fella! 

Bremen is a cool place.If you have never been you should give it a go.It does get tourists but most of them seem to be German rather than overseas ones.Think it’s off the radar of many being sort of in the middle of destinations like Hamburg,Amsterdam and Cologne/Düsseldorf.To be honest it doesn’t seem to suffer any hardship missing out on the foreign dollar rolling in.Just quietly sitting here doing it’s own thing.Anyway give it a go,you might be surprised…

One of the young barmaids just came to ask if I was ok out of the blue.Very strange.Think the barman from last night must have said “ go check if the Englischer is ok will you?” She seemed suitably embarrassed doing so bless her…

So it’s laundry day tomorrow again,it comes around so quickly eh? I reckon I have two more to go before heading back to Blighty.If my calculations are correct it’s gonna be here and Düsseldorf,which is handy as I know where the one there is just by the hotel I’m staying in.Gripping stuff eh? But it’s not all glamour and listening to coke fiends ramble on.Sometimes the reality of normal life kicks in…

One complaint is the ticket machines for the public transport seem fucked.I tried six before managing to buy a ticket.I tried the app but it wouldn’t accept my location for some reason.Anyway when I did buy one I couldn’t validate it on the tram as I didn’t know how too.Apparently you have to bend the ticket in half( thanks again for the info from,yep you guessed it,the young barman!) as I have been here before I must have sussed it out then but clearly forgot.Anyway it’s a silly system having to bend the ticket in half…

Not sure about the hotel’s location.It would seem to be in the red light area.The few times I have been around the place there seems to be scantily clad ladies of dubious nature hanging around in pairs.I’m a bit worried to be honest,winter’s coming and dressed like that they could catch a nasty cold…I am close to the Hauptbahnhof so it would make sense,also in my little street there are numerous hotels…maybe my room being named “ Sofia” is some sort of code.Is Sofia a prostitutes name? Probably not…Stay safe ladies.

Got another day here so after the laundromat ( Waschsalon in German) I will go exploring once more.Not been down by the river yet or to a place called Schnoor,which is an area of Bremen of small closed in streets.Sort of what Bremen was like hundreds of years ago.Very pretty & very expensive!

Ah well all that to come.Ciao one and all…

No comments: