Sunday 24 September 2023

Bilious Blog…Around Europe in 80 days#56

Straight off the bat let me say that Copenhagen is a fantastic city and by extension probably Denmark is a fantastic country…I have seen so little of both yet my spider senses tell me that’s the case.I think if you feel comfortable as soon as you arrive in a country you’ve never been to before that’s a positive sign…
 
Needed my laundry doing sometime today( literally down to my last clean t-shirt) place opened at 9.00am in the hostel,I was there on the dot and spoke to a beautiful young woman who had a striking resemblance to Anya Taylor Joy.Turned out she was a Brummie and it was her first day working here.What a start for her dealing with a smelly Yamyam! 

They only have one washing machine and it was in use.One of her co workers had put her washing in before it opened.What an absolute cheat! But to be fair she apologised and bought me a coffee so I was’nt bothered,she also told me to go for a walk and she’ll do my washing for me…got back a few hours later,washing done and a crisp,slightly wrinkled,ten Euro note was on top.I had left it a shirt pocket.How sweet is that? Ok they don’t use Euro’s here but she was French and could have easily pocketed it without me knowing…

Chatting with Anya Taylor Joy and she’d been in Denmark a week and was obviously wanting to stay and for the first time on this trip Brexit was discussed.Not been mentioned by any non Brit I have spoken to.Bloody hell I’ve discussed the Nazis with Germans more than Brexit! Anyway she’s a sweet girl and I wish her well…

Popped out for another coffee( one is never enough,like beer) and lots of market stalls were being set up.Apparently this street holds quite a famous flea market.The coffee place is just down the road and as I was outside probably half a dozen people walked past wishing me “ good morning “ I presume it was anyway as obviously it was Danish so could have easily been “ Piss off Yamyam,you speak funny and your team’s crap” I felt like telling them I lived in London and don’t they know the rules of engagement? 

Later on I popped into 7/11( still a thing here) grabbed something Italian and squishy,paid by card( as I have for everything so far) as I was about to leave she called me back and naturally I figured my card had messed up.Nope,she made a sign around her mouth & chin,gave me a handful of paper napkins and said “ extra tissues for the beard” It’s these needless but genuine human interactions that have made me appreciate this city and it’s people…

After a nostalgic Tuborg ( ex diehards of Kipps in Wolverhampton will get my excitement of seeing it on tap) in the coffee place I went to I took a stroll through the market,it’s the whole street basically and my eyes fell upon a rack of second hand leather jackets and good lord they looked beautiful.For a brief moment I was tempted to shell out a ton to buy one.For a split second I thought I would look like a Desperado,like a young Lemmy in it but then reality kicked in and I would look completely & utterly the “C” word and the “C” word would not be “Cool”

That’s it for now but there might be a PS or two later…laters.

Ps The barmaid at the hostel has just told me “ bye” is “ Hi hi” It’s a bit of a mad language!

No comments: