Sunday 14 July 2024

60 Days in Europe…#44 Hamburg…

Turns out the fella in the laundry using a lot of the washers was the kitman for the local Basketball team Hamburg Towers and he used a separate washer & dryer for every team member‘s kit.I had forgotten that Germany are actually Basketball world champions…

Having a coffee outside Feldstrasse U-Bahn where I’m meeting Rikky later.There are a few people up on the bunker so it looks hopeful we can go up which would be cool.Ever since knowing of these towers/ bunker’s existence I’ve hoped to have a gander at the inside & up top…it looks like they‘ve built flats into it and maybe a roof garden.We will see…there’s also a flea market going on in the street next to my hotel so that’s probably on the agenda too…

A very good day with Wolves/Cov/Hamburg Rikky.Lovely to see her again.We didn’t climb the Feldstrasse bunker in the end as the queue was too big,apparently it only reopened last week and the whole world and his Frau want to visit.I might be a Brit but I’m not queuing to give myself a cardiac arrest… 

So lunch and a drink followed by a stroll & drink at a street market happening next to the hotel,all very worthy to help the local community who came out in force I’m happy to say…might pop back there later although a dirty great big storm cloud that’s just appeared might put a break on that.

Tomorrow is today again now.Didn’t bother going back to the street party despite it being in full swing when i got back.The huge storm didn’t seem to deter anyone.I was just knackered to be honest.Again it was a case of the body reminding the head it’s not 25 anymore…

Need to pace myself today as of course it’s Euro finals later on (9pm local time) was gonna pop down the Fisch Markt but been there before and it is basically like any other market.ie shouty blokes trying to flog you stuff only this time in German…

My last day in Hamburg.No doubt I will be back and most probably in the same area too.It is pretty cool,probably as cool as anywhere in Berlin which obviously prides itself on that tag…

Sorry but today’s blog is pretty crappy…found it quite difficult to come up with anything interesting to write about.At least you won’t have to take long to read it…

In a while crocodile…


No comments: