Monday 12 August 2019

28 days later...a month in Germany day 17

Another beautiful morning in east Germany and i‘m Just about to check out to get the Dresden train.It‘s not a long journey,probably just under two hours.I have deliberately tried to ensure I don‘t have a train journey of over five hours on this trip.

Had a very weird experience involving a barmaid in a pub i‘d never been to before.Outside was pretty full but as is the way inside empty.Walked in and the barmaid looked up from pouring beer to say „“hallo Englisher,long time no see“ at first I thought this is clearly a joke I don’t understand but I asked her and she said she used to work in a bar in Charlottenburg I went to regularly two years ago when I was here.Then she apologised for not remembering my name saying „“but I know it’s a name us German‘s can’t say“ which is true.Many struggle with it,I think it’s the „th“ at the end.No surprise really as I struggle with it at times.But that’s the beer...amazing memory though(not me, the woman)

Got to Berlin HBF and the temporary beer garden’s back! So either I got here a week too early for it or as they say in Back To The Future „“Something something time flux something something Marty“ I think that’s right,not seen it for a while...I‘ll have to bear this in mind for future reference when coming here.Stepping off a train into a fully stocked beer garden after four hours travelling is one of life’s pleasures...

Gonna be tight getting to see any of Wolves opening game today...get into Dresden about half hour before kick off then need to find the hotel to check in by 3pm.Looks close to hbf but you never know.Unless there’s an Irish bar( it’s always Irish bars that show Brit games over here) close by it‘s Twitter scores again...the same result as last Thursday would be cool...

What’s not cool is the weather...it’s probably about 30c and rising.Hope the train has air con.Funnily enough seen more people carrying umbrellas today than when it’s raining...

Just realised I have to change at Leipzig.Only a 20 min wait so time for a smoke.It‘s no bad thing actually as this train is going to Munich and very likely to be heaving.May well be hunting out the bike carriage...a woman is doing the rounds on the platform putting the tears on for everyone.Maybe she’s legit but you become so immune to these things due to the amount of scammers.In a way these scammers have ruined good old fashioned begging for many(of us)

Yay.Looked At google maps(which have been a godsend so far this holiday) and they’ve saying the hotel is 700m from Dresden hbf...I hope that’s metres and not miles otherwise i‘m fucked...so I may be able See the game.It‘s like a modern day fairy tale...anyhoo i‘m doing a „“Corbyn“ my own fault for not reserving at peak time.I’m not the only one.There’s a lot of vestibules full of folk dossing down.Leipzig’s not too far but pity and of those going to Munich.Phew! Caught the Dresden train with about a minute to go.That sounds a lot but anyone who knows me will understand my angst...

Until tomorrow my lovelies...

No comments: