Saturday 3 August 2019

28 days later...a month in Germany day 8

This is my third day of coming to this cafe bar for an early morning coffee or two and today I sat down and without even asking the fella bought my coffee...I like that and it’s not something I really have in the UK as I don’t really use anywhere regularly enough to warrant local Status.Currently working on having a „“spot“
 
There‘s a big party of about twenty five people sat next to me,obviously family,all dressed very smartly in dark clothes.Lots of hugs,hand holding and sighs whilst talking.I imagine they’re off to a funeral or a wedding that nobody is keen on...i‘m intrigued but would never ask of course.

There doesn’t seem to be the fixation of walking down the street transfixed to a mobile phone(or Handy as it’s called) here as there is in Britain.Whether that’s true of everywhere in Germany i don’t know.Maybe it’s because on Reeperbahn there‘s er,other things to see...or maybe it’s cos‘ in general the signal over here is pretty ropey so nobody can be arsed searching...

Talking of dodgy signals I have only just found out we won 4-1 last night.Managed to get about a 20seconds window of WiFi in my room to check it out.Don‘t even know who scored...I have seen that we won’t be playing Jablonec which I was going to try to get to from Berlin next week.Ah well Armenia it is then...nah have to give that a miss i‘m afraid.Flying the colours today in celebration...

I’m enjoying doing these daily blog things.The last couple of times I’ve been here I have usually done one per week and tried to write things down in the notebook beforehand.Turns out I’m rubbish at taking notes so if anyone needs a secretary they’re much better going to someone else...anyway I’m finding doing it this way good fun and hope you are too...oh and you may have noticed they’re usually a day behind.Well logistics an’ all that...

Being a smoker I notice that many more people indulge over here than in the UK...it’s funny that in Britain I am generally surprised to find out a person smokes whereas over here I’m surprised when a person doesn’t...it’s cheaper here so obviously that has a bearing on things I suppose but I doubt that’s the only reason...also there are cigarette machines dotted about the place & also in some bars.A definite throwback.Can’t remember the last time I saw one back home
 
Have seen loads of rocker types wearing cut off denim jackets covered in badges and TURBOJUGEND blazoned On the back.They all look like very clean cut Hell’s Angels .At first I thought they were some sort of religious cult thang but seen many in bars drinkin’ and smokin’ so maybe not...anyway very unthreatening.I know Google exists for a reason but I just can’t be arsed looking at the moment (no signal either) So confirmed from Rikky that they are some sort of Scandinavian cult thing..,

Anyhoo had a great day with Rikky.Many of you on Twitter will be familiar with her work...good to get a local perspective on things too...

The last thing I saw last night as I sat at the bar by the hotel was two Hooters barmaids chasing after a fella who’d probably done a runner after a few drinks...it’s not funny cos’ it’s those women’s livelihoods and also to be honest those uniforms aren’t really made for chasing piss heads up and down Reeperbahn...

This is my last day in Hamburg.Tomorrow morning I’m off to Berlin for a week...

Bye till then...

Oh nearly forgot.Met some Dutch lads who were going to the St Pauli game.Knew all about Wolves.I don’t mean what’s happened recently either but our history etc...fair play to them even though they were very loud even to my Yamyam ears...

No comments: