Monday 19 August 2019

28 Days later...a month in Germany day 25

Last day in Hannover and I actually like the place after a pretty apprehensive beginning.It‘s certainly grown on me as a city. Like most places it’s friendly but not in that cloying forced manner that most people hate...

Talking of what most people hate, i‘m watching Wolves v Man Utd tonight down the bar.Not sure what to expect.Will I be the only Wolves fan there? Are there many Utd fans here? I know the barman is but how many more? Be good if there’s at least one fellow wolf around...

Spent last night watching Union Berlin‘s debut match in Bundesliga.They got hammered 4-0 and it looks like it’s gonna be a very hard season for them...the waitress serving me spilt a whole pint down  her self when it toppled over off the tray.Poor girl.Kept apologising to me,don’t know why it all went down her not me...think it may have been her first day bless her.

Joy unconfined...Just found a laundrette within two minutes walk of the hotel.In there now and as there‘s nobody around to help I sussed it all by myself cos‘ i‘m a big boy now(sort of) It’s not the big things that pleases me on these trips but little things like this...the only time I use a laundrette is in Germany and they  are all automated and pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it... so the Wolves colours will be flying in the bar tonight...albeit the grey training top from a couple of seasons ago.

Düsseldorf tomorrow then,on another early train.One of my favourite German cities even if I have had my worst Currywurst ever from a kiosk outside the station but I won’t hold that against them.Luckily  the hotel is basically across the road from the hbf so no checking on google maps this time...staying in the same area as last time and the main bar area is about a ten minute walk away in the Alt Stadt.

So basically i‘m Just killing time,having a coffee & watching the world go by...game doesn’t kick off till 9pm local time and it’s now half one.If I was going i‘d be a couple of drinks in by now but as i‘m on my jacks think it’s best to wait a few hours...monday afternoon and Hannover City Centre once again is very busy.Every German City I have been to  is like this.I keep hearing stories of the country facing economic meltdown but in three years i‘ve spent nearly three months in various German cities and see no evidence of it...if this is a meltdown I wish Britain were in the same position...appears to be a very confident prosperous country.

It could be argued that I have only been to big cities and that’s true but I have also been to each point of the compass which has incorporated eleven different places so i‘d say that’s a pretty large selection to base my opinion that Germany is not fucked...not by a long shot.As for Britain however...

Ok I caved...first beer at 14-43 local time...you all knew I would!  Nice & steady does though.Seen on Twitter that Jota is winding the Utd Fans up.Let‘s hope he has them eating dirt like last season...

Is it me or does a fella standing at the urinals with his trousers round his ankles seem disturbing? Sorry to foist that vision on you but that’s what I‘ve just walked in on...

On that edifying note goodnight.Tomorrow‘s topic will be Düsseldorf & football and not old men‘s dicks.I promise.

No comments: