Thursday 8 August 2019

28 Days later...a month in Germany.Day 13

At last had my ticket inspected.They‘ve been very slow off the mark this year the lazy sods...Was impressed by their tactics though.Got On looking like a normal couple sat opposite me and waited till the doors shut and went to business.Got a business man behind me but as I was getting off next stop they were still taking details...crafty.

Having a nice baguette on a bench and got intimidated to move...by two crows.I think they spotted some poppy seeds fall off and moved in circling me.Look i‘ve seen Hitchcock‘s The Birds and know how these fuckers work.If you don’t give up your poppy seeds they have your eyes...gots to have them narcotics.

It‘s absolutely hammering it down but found a local bar where the locals took the piss cos‘ I asked for Weißbier.Landlady pointed at the draught Pump and said that’s all we have ,eventually ,after stopping laughing...it’s fun being a tourist sometimes.God knows how she’ll react when I ask where the bogs are!

Did see the epitome of cool earlier...a young woman riding her bike no handed as she blew her nose...not something i‘ve seen before...anyway the landlady is all friendly smiles now especially as I bought another drink.

Anyway being a Brit i‘m not really comfortable around naked strangers especially in a communal shower unit of a hotel.Normally I get up pretty early to avoid such messiness but this morning had to endure a rather stout German fella trying to engage in conversation while 
Drying himself furiously and his auld fella swung about like a pendulum in a storm...I know it‘s natural etc but man I couldn’t get out of there quick enough and putting on dry underwear onto a soaking wet body is never easy especially when all you‘re thinking is „“keep eye contact,keep eye contact...“

The landlady and I getting on like a house on fire now even though neither of us speak each other’s language.All smiles & thumb‘s up...truth is neither of us has a scooby what the other‘s on about.The Sound basis for any relationship.Mind you she has made me pay upfront for my drinks...

Just heard Britain is stopping the use of Interrail.Eurostar will still use it to get to Europe but are we really so blind to the benefits of others coming to the country and travelling around on relatively cheap train tickets? We really have become a spiteful little inward looking shit heap of an island since Brexit became a thing.If anyone brags about our so called tolerance as a nation I think I may take a dump in their shoes...Were we always a nation of small minded gobshites hiding behind a cloak of supposed tolerance or is this a modern phenomenon?

One thing that’s become apparent since a year ago is the amount of German music i‘m hearing in the bars.Granted I tend to prefer „“local“ type places rather than touristy spots,y‘know because of hipster sensibilities and,let‘s be honest here,expense...i‘m sure those places still play Brit & American pop usually, which is fine as those countries still arguably make the best pop,but I have heard loads more local stuff on this trip.Mostly rap & modern R&B...not my choice of easy listening but still.I also think there’s always a place for Nene‘s 99 Luft Balloons and her sexy leather trousers though...Not heard any Can yet(one for the younger readers there)...now of course all you have in your heads is „“ You and I in a little toy shop...“ Sorry.

Oh this could be dangerous.I‘m staying the opposite side of the city to the three bars I mentioned in yesterday’s blog.A bit like drinking in Central Hackney and living in Brenford.Just discovered there’s a direct bus to my place to here.Which, if you’re interested, is Wienerstrasse Kreuzburg.Lots of chances to crash out on the bus and end up having a diplomatic incident a thousand miles from home...at least it‘ll save me fobbing off the purveyors of dodgy grass at Görlitz Bahnhof..,

Goodnight my lovelies...

No comments: