Tuesday 8 August 2023

Bilious Blog…around Europe in 80 days#8

Just round the back of Marienplatz,Munich‘s main historic square,are a Bayern Munich shop and adjacent to it is the TSV 1860 Munich shop.Two Teams in the same city with vastly differing recent histories & fortunes…It won’t be a surprise to anyone that the TSV shop  and wares is far classier.Probably because they have to try harder to turn over the hard dosh.Bayern know they will sell stuff no matter what,irregardless of the quality…not having a pop at Bayern,they do what they do and they do it well.Most of the behemoth football clubs sell crap at inflated prices cos‘ they know it’s gonna sell,but with both shops being so close the difference is glaringly obvious…
 
So as you can gather I have been doing the tourist stuff, despite the shitty cold weather there’s still plenty of people around which is great.Had a look around the Ratskeller,a beautifu,imposing building which I likened to a Teutonic Hogworts.Even went inside for a while,only along the corridors as I think it’s still a working town hall,but you can taste the history,not all of it good of course…

Many of the residents at the hotel seem to be long term like The Major in Fawlty Towers “Vermin Fawlty! Bold as brass sitting at the bar eating the nuts if you please!” It’s a pretty cool place though so no worries…and the bar’s always open if you want a drink.No nuts though…

I don’t have many bad things to say about Germany but one thing annoys me and that’s the height of the bar stools.Being a short arse means that climbing up and down from them is  a trial which only becomes harder as the night wears on and more booze is consumed.You need a Sherpa to negotiate them.Preferably a sober one…

Heard my first Brit accents today since the harassed lorry driver was trying to placate his missus on the phone about how he had to stay in Paris.That was almost a week ago.That’s weird no? Judging by their convo it seemed they lived here.Where have all the Brit holiday makers gone?

Not sure I have actually moved to Germany or not as there have been some most un German things going on.There was the lack of tickets being checked on the train,yesterday I saw a German family( had heard them talking earlier) cross the road when the little man was red.I have seen such wanton behaviour in Berlin but this is Munich for god’s sake,and I also got a pleasant smile with a bit of chit chat from the REWE cashier.She didn’t scowl at me like I’d eaten the last custard cream or throw my shopping at me like I’d slept with her best friend…like I say,very un German…

Laters you hip kids…






2 comments:

H said...

I like the sound of the kaffee & kuchen shop 😎

Anonymous said...

😁